Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cudi Calls It Quits


Rapper Kid Cudi is calling it quits. The MC, who only recently broke onto the national scene with his hit "Day 'N Nite," has yet to release his debut album, but has already grown tired of the music biz.

Cudi, born Scott Ramon Segure Mescudi, is apparently finding it hard to adjust to the rigors of fame and has experience a measure of negativity early in his career. He writes in his blog, "After the release of my first LP this summer, I am not making any more solo albums.

"I am falling back on being an artist. The drama that comes with it is more overwhelming than the s**t I was dealing wit (sic) when I was p**s poor broke. My friends get mad at me, say I've changed.

"I don't look at it as quitting for I have already accomplished my goal. I have a solid fan base who truly appreciates me and my messages through song. I got multiple big records. I have received worldwide critical acclaim from the biggest tastemakers in the game. No regrets."

One of the events that may have left a bad taste in Kid Cudi's mouth was an altercation that took place last month during the NBA's All Star weekend. The performer was involved in a fight with two event employees that resulted in Cudi being tasered by police.

Man on the Moon: The Guardians is scheduled for release on Kanye West's indie label G.O.O.D. Music. Read more of Kid Cudi's blog here.

No comments: