Monday, February 16, 2009

With his new Valentines Day inspired mixtape, Well Isn’t This Awkward, XXLmag.com caught up with Charles Hamilton to talk about the disc, rap’s relationship with the word love and his crush on R&B singer Rihanna.
Derived from an imaginative tale that stars Hamilton and an unidentified female, Well Isn’t This Awkward attempts to ignite the two. The project was envisioned as a means to give listeners a chance to experience the stages of love sonically.
Publicly I want to be able to say that I’m in love,” he said. “Anybody can be cocky and say ‘I’m the best rapper, top five dead or alive.’ I’ve got music like that, but I am starting to realize I can just be myself and an artist. I’ve accepted that, I claim that for myself, but the one thing I really want to claim is love… With Awkward I got a chance to show you how many different places you can go with love alone.”

No comments: