Wednesday, February 18, 2009

LiL WAYNES ROCK ALBUM "THE REBIRTH" POSTPONED


It seems that even the best selling artist of 2008 can’t get a break. Lil’ Wayne, who is prepping his new rock album, The Rebirth has suffered an inevitable pushback. The album, lead by the Shanell-penned first single, “Prom Queen,” was originally set for release on April 7th, but will release sometime in May.

No need to worry, though, Lil’ Wayne has some more news. The rapper-turned-rocker also announced that he will release Tha Carter IV in December, just in time for the holidays.

In other news, Lil’ Wayne is currently shooting the video for “Prom Queen” in Los Angeles and his hometown of New Orleans. It is set to debut within the next couple of weeks. I’m interested to see what the concept of the video

will be. Like I said, I dig the song, I just am not sure how I feel about this new direction.

No comments: